available afternoons available evenings available mornings available weekdays available weekends education completed: bachelors
QR Code Link to This Post
Tara J. Engel, BA, LL.B.
I am a recent graduate from the University of Sussex Law School in Brighton, England. Prior to my studies abroad, I completed a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Western Ontario.
Western University, BA (Double Minor in English language and Literature and Philosophy)
• Astronomy (elective)
• MIT (elective)
• Psychology (elective)
Sussex University, LL.B (Qualified in Ontario; Bar Candidate)
• Criminal Law
• Tort Law
• Contract Law
• Intellectual Property Law
• Equity and Trusts
• EU Law
• Land Law
• Public Law
• Commercial Law
• Competitive Advocacy
• Target problem areas and unravel the core issues of the learning difficulties.
• Create a personalized approach to learning in new and more effective ways.
• Develop new skill sets to tackle a wide range of courses.
• Assistance with tidy and comprehensive note-making.
• Tips for exam preparation.
• Tips for creating study material.
• Tips for how to prioritize deadlines.
• Tips for how to deal with academic stress.
Essay Writing and Research Skills:
• The essentials of writing an A paper.
• How to digest vast material.
• How to differentiate supporting material from relevant material when using sources.
• How to properly cite sources.
• The importance of understanding plagiarism.
• Comprehensive breakdown of what the markers are looking for in your paper.
• Tips for the writing process and word choice.
• Tips for how to make your thesis stronger.
• Basic spell-checking tips on how to avoid grammatical errors such as past tense, present tense and run-on sentences.
• Tips on finding relevant sources.
Extra Academic Assistance:
• Help on University applications.
• Help on Resume and Cover Letters.
• Advice and tips if you are thinking about law school (or med school) abroad.
• Answers to other academic related queries or concerns.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
• $30 per hour for one-on-one private tutoring.
• Pickering or Ajax: will travel to your preferred study sitting (your home, a local café or library).
• Skype or FaceTime studies also available for those further away (would kindly request that study materials or homework sheets are emailed to me at least an hour before the session).
• Monday to Friday flexible hours offered (this may change so if interested please secure a time slot).
START YOUR PRIVATE TUTORING
If you or your child requires private tutoring, please feel free to email me. From there we can set up a face-to-face interview or a phone interview to get to know each other a little better. Academic transcripts available on request.
it's ok to contact this poster if you are a potential employer or other principal.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers