We are currently searching for three experienced Truck Drivers.
Truck Driver perform some or all of the following duties:
• Long-haul transport truck drivers
• Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
• Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
• Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers
• May perform emergency roadside repairs
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
• May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
• Short-haul and local transport truck drivers
•Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
• Completion of secondary school
• On-the-job-training is provided
• A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks
• A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
• Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
Hours of work:
From Monday to Friday and some Saturdays
The shift is from 7 am to 4 pm
Terms of employment:
Permanent Position from 40 hours per week