We are seeking experienced Telecom Tower Riggers to join the Wesbell team in performing all tasks required to fully civilly construct wireless equipment on rooftop and tower environments.
QR Code Link to This Post
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment
2. Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary
3. Climb communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio waves
4. Install all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission lines, connectors or tower mounted amplifiers (TMA's)
5. Install, connect or test underground or aboveground grounding systems
6. Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools
7. Perform general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes and steel structure assembly.
8. Any other duties that may be assigned
EDUCATION (THEORETICAL TRAINING)
1. College, GED, vocational or technical training preferred
2. ANRITSU SITE MASTER Vendor Training or 2 years experience with ANRITSU product/equipment/technology is preferred but not required for entry level positions
3. Proper use of coaxial prep tools
4. Andrews coaxial connectorization course
5. Dish orientation and path alignment
6. Antenna azimuth and tilt
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be comfortable working at heights or in confined space
2. Must have 5 years prior experience with tower erection, antenna, dish, RF transmission line, copper and fiber systems
3. Experience with reading and interpreting blueprints and engineered drawings
4. Basic understanding of wireless communication systems
5. Basic understanding of industry standard installation guidelines
6. Basic knowledge of the operation and safety requirements of power tools
7. General working knowledge of Microsoft Office
8. Practical ability and common sense
9. Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude is required
10. Basic understanding of electricity and electrical safety
11. Must have a valid driver's license and a clean drivers abstract
12. May require use of personal vehicle
13. May be required to travel and work weekends, nights if required by customer
14. Must be a team player and possess a positive and professional attitude towards work and others
15. General housekeeping is a must
16. Fluent in English, written and oral
If you would like to pursue this employment opportunity with Wesbell, you may apply by sending a resume. Please reference Rigger in the subject line of the email when applying for the position.
Wesbell welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Wesbell. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.