swap my two 4hp Briggs parts engines for (see list below) (Keele St & 401, North York)
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking to swap a couple of 4hp Briggs & Stratton L head parts engines, one a long/tall, small block horizontal shaft & the other a big block vertical. Had been trying to acquire parts to get them up & running, but that proved futile (as did trying to swap these for a much more common 5hp Briggs or Tec flathead).
Would like to trade them for any of the items listed below.
The vertical shaft engine is a model 100902 0280 02. Was on a geardrive rototiller that belonged to a neighbour's cousin, who didn't believe me when I told him that the engine was knocking & needed to be opened up to have 2 bolts tightened. Sure enough, the rod blew the next time he used it and I had to replace the engine.
Bit of "etching" in the cylinder, but no actual scoring (ie no grooves/grooving), so should have 95% compression if she gets a good piston & rings, a valve job, & the crank sanded where the rod goes on.
Aside from the ignition coil & a governor gear/oil flicker, all the other parts are there, incl a carb that uses the common 270026 diaphragm (rather than the one with a rod attached).
Btw, I had to use that fuel tank on a rush job - have another that is virtually rust free inside, but has fugly red & white paint on the outside.
4hp horizontal also came off a tiller. The original blower housing was AWOL and someone had squeezed a blower off a mower onto it, which is why I cannot provide its precise model #. However, it is virtually the same as a Briggs 111292 0179 01: it's a long block with the same mounting holes as a 3 & 3.5 hp and uses the same (smaller) flywheel.
Only issue with it is that some clown overfiled the valves by a HUNDREDTH of an inch, so they will have to be replaced. The intake valve is Briggs part #261233 and the exhaust #212004 (they are as long as a 5 hp engine's [& longer than a 3/3.5's], but with a smaller diameter "head").
It also needs a blower housing, coil, barrel/pipe muffler, air cleaner, & a pulsa jet carb & tank that work with its governor vane.
Btw, the vert engine has a 3.125" long, 7/8" diameter shaft and the horizontal a 2.375" long, 3/4" dia shaft.
Will trade both engines for any ONE of the following items:
- a good quality, good condition, non-flexing-head metric racheting wrench set - must include 10, 12, 13, 14, & 15 mm wrenches
- a good condition gearcase & tines off a front tine rototiller that had a 3.5 to 5 hp horizontal shaft engine
- a good condition 5 or 6 gallon wheeled Mastercraft oil-less air compressor (the one that goes on sale every 2 months) - not interested in any other size or brand or type
- an older model, all metal, stand up or tilt down wood chipper-shredder - engine not important so long as chipper-shredder components undamaged
- good condition leaf blower or polesaw attachment with 1" diameter shaft that can be used with Ryobi, Craftsman, Troy Bilt, Echo, etc "Expand It" type gas or cordless (trimmer) powerheads
- a good condition, nice working electric starter for an 8 to 10.5 hp Tecumseh L head snowblower engine, incl module mounting screws - must have an undamaged gear
- a basic, good condition "gazelle" swing type exercise machine
Pick up only. Serious replies only. Multiple photos of your item will be required, please.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers