Parting out a mid-1970s, 7.5hp, 2 stroke Ted Williams outboard sold by Sears, manufactured by Eska, and powered by an air cooled, single cylinderTecumseh engine.
Selling as follows:
- engine block/power head ~ model number T640-07A ~ has very good compression of 100 psi on the dot (see photo showing compression test reading - also shot a vid with my phone of the engine firing up when a bit of mix was put into the carb "mouth" that you can watch when here - the screenshot I posted is from that vid; note exhaust smoke) ~ also noteworthy is the fact that the connecting rod bearings seem good (ie the rod doesn't "knock" - this can be discerned in the above vid and in another one I shot to demonstrate her spark to the acq who wanted the stator plate, coil, etc) ~ need I bother mentioning that the rod, bearings, etc for these Tecs are NLA (no longer available new)? ~ asking $70 - again, produces 100 psi
- lower unit, incl driveshaft & water pump ~ needs, of course, a new impeller, seals, & bearings and the driveshaft could use a sanding, but the gears & skeg are in good shape ~ can't say as much about the fugly prop/tiller ~ asking $50
- faceplate/control panel ~ corner of one side is broken off, though using even 4 of the 6 mounting screws will attach it to the steering bracket securely enough ~ better than nothing or paying through the nose for an undamaged one off ebay ~ asking $10
- fuel tank ~ needs inside derusted, the original paint removed, and a couple new coats ~ asking $25
- rewind assembly ~ kinda fugly, but works alright ~ asking $20
ALL PRICES ARE FIRM.
Please DO NOT ask if I have any parts not listed above (they were either missing when I got the outboard or are already spoken for).
Parting it out b/c I already have lots of other projects, don't have the time to run around looking for the parts the outboard was missing (for ex., the hood/motor cover), and acquiring those parts together with properly servicing the outboard would cost more than it is worth in good working order.
Btw, my apologies to anyone who feels that I misled them by posting the "feature"/main photo that I have which shows parts that are not actually for sale - such was not my intention: I only posted that photo b/c I know from experience that many of the users here not only do not read ad titles (nor item descriptions), but also "skim" over feature photos and many ppl would not recognize an outboard's engine, lower unit, etc at a glance if I had simply used a main photo of the parts for sale removed from the outboard & lying on the ground.
Pick up only - no delivery, meet ups, nor shipping.
Selling parts as is and sale is final.
Will indicate when a part has been sold.
Btw, the only items that I would accept in trade are a good condition, 3 blade propeller/tiller for these 7 to 7.5 hp Eskas and the (emergency) starter collar (Mercury part #F901456-1) of an early to mid '70s Chrysler/Viking or mid 70s to 90s Chrysler/Force outboard (ie the collar/plate that sits atop the flywheel so that one can wind a rope betw them in order to start an outboard the old school way).
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers