The Academic Technology Ventures, Inc. (ATV) Team is looking for an entrepreneurial type that can bring an "above and beyond" effort. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to collaborate and thrive in a fast pace & entrepreneurial environment, customer driven, thinks like an owner, good business instinct/judgment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking. This position will play a key role in Technology Vetting and Evaluation, Business Development, and Investor Relations.
Reports to: Director of Technology Acquisition & Executive University Coordinator
Job Type: Consultant
• Technology Vetting & Evaluation: Conduct evaluations of technologies that have been released from Universities and government labs. This includes taking a technology from an initial phone call, through technical and business due diligence to potential licensing.
• Business Development: Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital. Assist with business development activities for ATV's portfolio companies; this includes everything from market research to industry and customer prospecting, proposal writing, and assisting with development of business plans and presentations.
• Investor Relations: Assist with investor relations activities with respect to existing and new startups in the ATV portfolio. This includes pursuing various investment groups and entities such as Angel Capital Groups, Venture Capitalists and high net worth individuals.
• Miscellaneous / Additional Duties: As assigned, candidate must be able to quickly adapt and shift attention to various tasks that arise on a day-to-day basis.
• University Degree or College Diploma required; 1-2 years of related experience in business and/or technology; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Strong, proven experience exhibiting business analysis skills, project management skills, executive skills, technical skills, and a deep understanding of industry trends, required.
• Must already have personal computer/laptop, phone, and internet connection established
• Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision
• Must be flexible with work hours and responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate with internal and external representatives
• Polished writing skills
• Ability to demonstrate good business judgment
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Willing to travel occasionally, as requested, (<25%) to meet technology teams at various universities/colleges and/or potential industry partners
• Comfortable to effectively communicate on the phone, during presentations, and client meetings
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; is dependable, enthusiastic, self-starting and self motivated.
• Previous successful experience working in Business Development, Technology Innovation Centers, Consultant or in a Customer Service capacity
• Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and virtual teams
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers