compensation: Hourly or day rate, $15-25 depending on qualifications
QR Code Link to This Post
I'm an architectural photographer based in Toronto and I work on commissions for architects and interior designers mostly. After five years of growing my business by myself, it's time to expand and get some help. I'd like to find an assistant to help me out on photoshoots to make the experience smoother for everyone, and it'll be nice to have someone with me :-)
I'm looking for someone who's outgoing, not afraid to talk to strangers (asking people to move their car or calling a location to get access), and can easily have small talk with clients. It's a good opportunity to learn more about running a photography business, the architecture and photography industries, and how to shoot architecture.
This is what you'll be doing:
• Carrying photography gear.
• Staging and cleaning up interior spaces.
• Managing traffic and unexpected elements during exterior photoshoots.
• Managing tethered laptop and lighting.
• Managing the shot list and schedule.
• Managing the practical things like food.
• Obtaining access to locations.
At this point, hours will likely vary from week to week depending on workload and weather. However, if things go well, I'd love to add administrative responsibilities, which would mean more hours.
• Have a strong interest in architecture/design & photography.
• Know their way around a camera.
• Be professional as clients are often on-site during photoshoots.
• Be freelance (this is not a full-time employed position).
• Be flexible: photoshoot can be 12+ hours and start before sunrise and/or end after sunset.
• Be able to travel around the GTA on their own.
If you're interested, please contact me and let me know about yourself, your photography experience, and what your schedule looks like.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers