Tectonic is currently seeking a full-time Construction Inspector / Engineer with railway experience to work on an exciting upcoming project.
QR Code Link to This Post
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position offers the opportunity to obtain authorization to work in the United States under TN visa status.
• Performs construction inspection on projects, which will involve railways and associated work;
• Monitor contractor's daily activities and uses applicable field testing and inspection procedures and equipment to perform required field testing; this requires the inspector to measure quantities, draw sketches, and other related methods;
• Preparation of daily field reports, including communication of deficiencies observed in the field to project managers, contractors, and/or client representatives;
• Interpretation of drawings and documents, including work orders and build documents;
• Follows project safety protocol;
• All related duties as required to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
• Candidates must possess a BS Degree/Equivalent in Engineering;
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience on railways; experience with public agencies is strongly preferred;
• Basic understanding and ability to interpret written specifications, plans, and construction documents for work orders and build documents;
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, supervisors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
• Detail-oriented, with capability to detect non-conformities during testing procedures and complete detailed reports within a timely manner;
• A valid, clean driver's license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites is preferred.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
• Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
• Company-observed paid holidays
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
• Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
• 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
To review and apply, please visit: https://tectonicengineering.com/site/home/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a8670aebd7016751d327805560&gns=Craigslist