Tectonic is actively seeking an experienced full-time Resident Engineer with railway experience to work on an upcoming project!
This role offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This position offers the opportunity to obtain authorization to work in the United States under TN visa status.
• Provides professional engineering services on multiple public sector engineering projects and acts as Client's representative in the field with contractors, vendors, and other external parties on projects involving railways and associated work;
• Supervises, coordinates, and tracks all field site activities and provides technical advice on construction and design; executes corrective action using engineering design on projects to resolve issues;
• Responds to requests for information from contractors by interpreting plans and specifications by utilizing advanced knowledge of engineering and experience; documents contractor performance;
• Regularly reviews engineering design, plans, reviews and approves contract submittals and payment applications to contractors;
• Leads on-site engineers and inspectors to effectively observe work in progress in accordance with project requirements and to ensure that project records are properly maintained;
• Monitors the progress of the project in accordance with contract cost and schedule, including project timelines and specifications, and holds progress meetings as required;
• Ensures all project documentation is completed and submitted as required, and completes necessary project close-out processes;
• Implements and follows Company and project safety protocol;
• All related duties as required to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
• Valid Professional Engineering License in the State of New York (or the ability to acquire one within a reasonable period of time), with a BS Degree in Engineering/Equivalent.
• A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience working on public sector projects, with a minimum of 3 years of railway experience and 2 years of leadership experience;
• Ability to understand and interpret written specifications, plans, and construction documents for work orders and build documents
• Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with clients, supervisors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
• Detail-oriented, with capability to detect non-conformities during testing procedures and complete detailed reports within a timely manner;
• A valid, clean driver's license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites is preferred.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
• Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
• Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
• Company-observed paid holidays
• Short and long-term disability coverage
• Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
• Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
• 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.