The world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace is coming to Canada! Eataly Toronto is opening November 13th! We are seeking Line Cooks to join our restaurant teams.
QR Code Link to This Post
A Line Cook transforms high-quality, unique ingredients into authentic Italian dishes through preparing, cooking and plating food items in Eataly’s exciting, high-volume, scratch, open kitchens. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager or Chef de Cuisine.
- Portions, cuts, slices, dips, batters, breads, whips, beats, maintains holding temperature, fries and sautés
- Selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables to be used for frying or sautéing
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and
Department of Health regulations
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years in a food preparation/culinary position
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, RRSP
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Eataly is a place where you can EAT, SHOP and LEARN about high-quality, authentic Italian cuisine. Each Eataly location contains an array of restaurants, cafés, to-go eateries, fresh counters (think fresh Italian cheese and meat, and fresh pasta made in front of you!) a grocery market with more than 10,000 products, and a cooking school. Eataly was founded in Italy in 2007 and has since expanded to more than 35 locations (and counting!) across the world. Eat Better, Live Better!
Eataly is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.