compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace is coming to Canada! Eataly Toronto is opening November 13th! We are seeking Coffee Baristas to join our team.
A Barista creates and serves specialty hot and cold beverages according to Eataly’s recipes and guests’ special requests. A Barista is knowledgeable about all coffee menu items, provides high-quality, fast-paced service and is able to work at multiple counters. Reports to the Quick Service General Manager and the Quick Service Assistant General Managers.
- Prepares and serves authentic Italian espresso, coffee and other café drinks at multiple counters
- Provides guests with exceptional service and product details, such as coffee blend or preparation description
- Sets ups stations and replenishes displays neatly including separation of allergens (nuts, wheat, etc.)
- Ensures all items are dated and following First in First Out (FIFO) standards
- Weighs, grinds or packs coffee beans for guests according to their specifications
- Operates the Point of Sales (POS) system ensuring accuracy of cash drops and authenticity of bills
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas in accordance with supervising health agency of the area
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about coffee, tea and drink preparation and product
- Outstanding communication and guest service skills
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations and follow directions for all production
- 1+ year of barista experience on a manual espresso machine preferred
- High school diploma preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to operate equipment such as manual espresso machine, ovens, drink blender, juicer and Point of Sale
- Dexterity for rapid and consistent espresso creation
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, RRSP
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Eataly is a place where you can EAT, SHOP and LEARN about high-quality, authentic Italian cuisine. Each Eataly location contains an array of restaurants, cafés, to-go eateries, fresh counters (think fresh Italian cheese and meat, and fresh pasta made in front of you!) a grocery market with more than 10,000 products, and a cooking school. Eataly was founded in Italy in 2007 and has since expanded to more than 35 locations (and counting!) across the world. Eat Better, Live Better!
Eataly is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers