Early Birdis a Brunch Place in downtown Toronto serving the best coffees and eclectic fare for breakfast and Brunch. We make fresh, seasonal Brunch in back kitchen.We're excited to expand Early Bird team and are currently seeking amazing Sous Chef!
QR Code Link to This Post
As a member of the kitchen team, you'll be responsible for executing our food program and ensuring everything we serve is delicious, fresh and beautiful.
We value seasonal produce, locally sourced ingredients and most importantly, we're dedicated to providing excellent service to our customers.
The perfect candidate would possess:
- Able to work weekdays and weekends
- Culinary diploma is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Solid knife skills and cooking proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Understanding and ability to execute all necessary kitchen functions at a high level
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-direct
- Ability to keep a calm, mature, professional demeanor at
all times in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate directives to staff with varying levels of experience
- Ability to work well within groups
- Excitement and eagerness to learn
- Food Handlers Certified
- Availability for both weekend days and overall schedule availability
As a kitchen team member, you:
- Managing all aspects of the kitchen in accordance with the goals, objectives and culture set forth by the company.
- Report daily and monthly inventories
- Maintain dish standards (prep, recipes, plating etc...)
- Will execute all aspects of food service in an organized, efficient manner
-Ability to manage day-to-day sanitation controls
- Must keep work stations clean at all times
- Ensure all work is consistently conforming to Early Bird standards of quality
- Contribute to positive environment by acting as a team player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $41,000.00 /year