Gare de L’Est Brasserie is currently looking for an experienced Senior Line Cook to join our passionate and experienced kitchen team!
QR Code Link to This Post
We are an authentic, modern French brasserie, driven by the Parisian dining experience in Toronto’s east end, and direct neighbours to Crow’s Theatre.
We are open seven days a week, with dinner, lunch and brunch service. We are driven by our passion for food, wine, and people. We value a respectful work environment for all employees and strive to create memorable dining experiences for every guest. Our open kitchen and Chef’s table seating creates a warm and interactive dining experience for our guests.
If you have a minimum of 3 years, high quality and relevant line cook experience and enjoy working in a positive, team-oriented environment, we want to hear from you! The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is able to multitask well, and has a passion for food and genuine hospitality.
- Prepare and assemble ingredients for menu items
- Collaborate with the Chef de Cuisine and/or Sous Chef to prepare and execute dishes during service
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures and restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Ensure a clean and organized station at all times
- 3+ years' experience as a Line Cook, Chef de Partie, Grill Cook
- Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Developed knife skills
- Awareness and execution of proper food handling procedures
- Able to work as part of a team, in an open kitchen environment
- Follows direction well and has a desire to learn and grow
- Strong communication skills
- Food Handler Certificate is required