QR Code Link to This Post
The first Eataly ever in Canada - Eataly Toronto - is opening November 13th, and we are recruiting Prep Cooks to join our team!
A Prep Cook prepares a variety of cold food items and all prepared ingredients that will be distributed to the kitchens to be cooked for restaurants. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager.
- Washes, peels, slices and mixes vegetables, fruits, meats, cheeses and other ingredients for salads, cold plates,
side dishes, entrees, appetizers and garnishes
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures and
Department of Health regulations
- Cleans all utensils, preparation equipment and counters required for production
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ year of kitchen experience
- Basic math skills
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and exert well-paced mobility
- Ability to spend up to 8 hours standing or walking in a kitchen and restaurant environment
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, RRSP
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine
Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Eataly is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.