compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Good Son on Queen St. is looking for a passionate Manager who embodies exceptional hospitality to assist in the day-to-day leadership and management of our restaurant. The FOH Manager will work closely with the Operations Team to ensure the overall success of the restaurant. Hence, a successful candidate will work closely with the team on the floor to consistently provide exceptional guest service experience and quality products.
The position requires an individual to be willing and able to work 45-50 hours per week with full availability throughout the entire week. A standard week will consist of 5 consecutive shifts followed by 2 consecutive days off. This may vary from week-to-week due to vacation and time-off needs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Upholding and adhering to the restaurant’s vision and act as the liaison between Operations, FOH and BOH teams;
- Training all new FOH staff members utilizing our company training program;
- Ensure all staff cash-outs have been completed, checked and placed in the office;
- Update and modify the wine list;
- Managing the floor to ensure the fluidity of service and “touch tables” to maximize guest experience;
- Acting as a role model by demonstrating strong leadership and maintain well-mannered employee relations;
- Leading by example while holding staff accountable for their performance;
- Writing up staff members who consistently fail to perform within their duties;
- Acting as an ambassador by developing and managing guest relations, guest satisfaction, and guest recovery efficiently and effectively;
- Effective use of common sense, good judgment and resources to independently resolve operational matters while still demonstrating high personal integrity and business ethics;
- Closing the restaurant (arming alarms, locking all exits, etc.).
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in the hospitality industry and minimum three (3) years of experience in the hospitality industry;
- Possess a good foundation of wine knowledge; understanding wine structure, able to educate staff members on renown wine regions, properly upsell wine to a table based on their preferences
- Ability to perform well under pressure in a face-paced environment and with the capability to be resourceful, problem solve and delegate;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Open Table and Silverware;
- Smart Serve certified;
- Full-time position with flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays as required to meet the restaurant demands;
Please reply with your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY and please list "General Manager Queen St" in your subject line.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in this position and appreciate all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers