The pastry chef works under the direct supervision of a head or executive pastry chef and be experienced in European cakes and pastries.
As a pastry chef, assist in the day-to-day operations of a pastry kitchen. and needs to have 5 years’ experience in a high-volume production bakery. In addition to making pastries other duties include assessing inventory and supplies, maintaining safe and sanitary working conditions, helping develop recipes and menus, and/or suggesting alternative baking methods.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with pastry and cakes. Experience with Italian pastry is a bonus.
Knowledge of Pastry ingredients, bakery equipment, and food safety.
Has knowledge of a wide variety of traditional Italian recipes from various parts of Italy preferably.
Recreates authentic Italian pastries and cakes rooted in Italian History, preferably.
Well versed in traditional Italian recipes from various parts of Italy, preferably.
• Implement new products and procedures to better the department.
• Ensure that cake orders are checked thoroughly and completed without errors.
• Estimates baking needs and maintains inventory.
• Work together with manager to review orders and new ideas.
• Great attention to detail and creativity.
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques.
• Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugar free and vegan).
• Prepare cake and pastries for customers with food allergies and / intolerances.
• Assist in training new staff when necessary.
• Assist in maintaining cleanliness of all equipment.
• Assists in coming up with new products and changing the recipe of old products when necessary.
• Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food.
• Estimate food requirements and labour costs.
• Maintains solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
• Read, measure, and execute recipes.
• prepare and assembling of: Special occasion cakes, Cake and Pastries: Fondant coverings and details, Fillings, toppings, frostings, icings, and butter creams.
• Proactive personality, who is strongly self-organized
• Ability to cope with heavy workload.
• Capable to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, standing for a prolonged period of time.
• Ability to go in & out of freezers.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks within the given time in order to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push as needed
• Flexibility (different shifts ,days, nights, weekends, holidays)
Salary: $23.08 /hour
Schedule hours to work: 6:30am-2:30pm
Location: Greater Toronto Area, ON
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers