QR Code Link to This Post
I run a book club that started in October 2009 and has met every month since...due to the usual life stuff, we've had a member leave and I am seeking somebody new to join the group.
1) Members are 30-43 years old
2) I have 12 members (4 guys, 8 women)
3) The meetings are the 1st Sunday of the month at 3pm unless it's a holiday weekend, in which case it's the 2nd Sunday
4) We read fiction published after 1970...stand alone books...200-550 pages
5) Books are chosen via vote
6) Meeting locations move monthly and are always held in a bar/pub close to a subway station
7) We average 7-8 people coming out per meeting
We have a great group...we've had a dozen authors join us (Miriam Toews, Chris Cleave, Terry Fallis among others) for a meeting...we have been featured in the Penguin newsletter...and finished runner-up in a Random House book club contest.
I am looking for one new member...please include your age, where you are in the city (generally), why you'd like to join a book club etc...etc... and I will get back to you with questions. Please tell me something about yourself...
Please email mtbc09 at google's mail platform (why I can't include my email in a free ad is baffling) if you are interested and I will get back to you with a dozen questions and am happy to answer any you have for me.