Hello! We are looking for an overnight PSW to work in our home near Yonge & Finch.
You will be responsible for providing extensive assistance to a fragrance-sensitive 42 year old man with ALS who has compromised speech. He seeks help with: ADLs, feeding through G-tube, physiotherapy/range of motion exercises, general housekeeping, and other duties as assigned.
- Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate Preferred but not necessary
- Valid First Aid & CPR certificate Preferred but not necessary
- Valid Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening for Employment preferred but not necessary
- Exceptional listening skills and sound judgment
- Experience with manual / lift-assisted transfers, and repositioning
- Able to appropriately recognise and respond to safety concerns (fall risks, choking)
- Able to administer creams, eye drops, medications as directed
- Able to work comfortably around pets (we have a cat and a rabbit)
Please note: this is a position that REQUIRES you to be SCENT-FREE. No fragranced deoderants, perfumes, hair, skin, or other products are to be worn. This includes smoking.
To apply, please email your RESUME.
Thank you to everyone that applies! We will review applications as they are received. Please understand that we will only be contacting selected applicants for follow-up.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers