We are a small, independently owned beverage manufacturer making organic health drinks that we sell across Canada. Currently seeking a new Shipping & Receiving clerk.
QR Code Link to This Post
Great work environment with motivated team located at Steeles & 400.
This position is divided between shipping receiving duties and helping on the bottling line.
Position: Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
Mondays- Fridays, 8-4pm
Pays $15-17.50/ hr to start depending on qualifications
Our team is made up of great staff who have helped build the business up over several years.
In the role of Shipping & Receiving Staff, you will be responsible to ensure all product received and shipped meets regulatory, safety and inventory requirements. Must be comfortable with working in refrigerated environment.
• Managing warehousing and fridge inventory
• Operation of Forklift (loading and unloading of trucks)
• Receive incoming materials, perform inspections of goods received, and route material to correct department; Count pieces of incoming shipments in order to verify information against bills of lading
• Examine and unpack incoming shipments and record shortage
• receive parcels from couriers;
• record and itemize all received product and parcels in receiving log
• Pack & build skids for all orders leaving warehouse.
• Prepare product for shipping including using stretch-wrap equipment.
• Processing all necessary shipping paperwork; maintain records of all outgoing and incoming shipments from and to the facility
• Inventory counts; Keeping an accurate inventory - to be presented to operations manager once per week
• Keep work area clean and safe
• Keep fridge area organized and efficient; oldest product is easily accessible;
• Assist in other duties assigned by supervisor; help on production line as needed
• Ability to calculate mathematical values
• Must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly.
• High attention to details, capable of accurate work
• Walking, bending, crouching, stairs and step ladders
• Repetitive tasks
• Working in a fast paced, high volume environment
• Able to lift up to 60 lbs
• Moving stock with pallet jack and dollies
• Previous experience with safe operation of Forklift required
• Previous experience with stretch-wrap equipment
• Frequent interruptions to help with retrieving stock or help on bottling line
• Completion of high school with related experience, or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Read, write and speak English
• Good oral communication.
• Must be able to work well with others.
Personality: Willing to learn and can-do attitude, meticulous, team player, flexible and quick learner.
Education and Experience: High school or equivalent with minimum two years in a comparable role
Must be honest, punctual and respectful.
If you are interested in applying, please send a short email about why you would be great for this position and a copy of your resume.