We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide secretarial and administrative support to the senior lawyer. This position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Greeting and seating clients upon arrival, offering hospitality as requested;
• Scheduling appointments and managing tasks and calendar;
• Note-taking during meetings and conference calls;
• Corresponding with clients, courts, counsel and financial institutions;
• Receiving and sending mail with Canada Post and arranging couriers;
• Organizing files, scanning and photocopying documents;
• Attending nearby financial institutions for banking related tasks;
• Maintaining office supplies and updating client records;
• Data entry utilizing PCLaw and Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and is tech savvy;
• A vehicle is required to attend nearby banks;
• A smartphone with data is required;
• Excellent organization and time management skills;
• Experience preferred but not required in PCLaw, Teraview and corporate searches;
• Additional languages an asset but not required.
• Full-time, permanent position;
• Salary: $30,000 annually;
• Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30-5:30;
• One hour unpaid lunch break;
• There will be no mandatory overtime or work on holidays, evenings and weekends;
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers