flooring: wood house w/d in unit no smoking street parking no private bath private room rent period: monthly
QR Code Link to This Post
We’re two folks in our 30s looking for a wonderful third roommate to join us for a flexible 4-6 month stay. Please read on and get in touch if you think you’d be a good fit!
About the Room:
- Medium/Small bedroom, 9’ x 11’
- Closet with built-in shelving
- East-facing window with morning light that overlooks the garden
- Room is on the 2nd floor, along with 2 other bedrooms and main bathroom
- Unfurnished (the rest of the house is fully furnished)
- Wood floors
- Note: A queen box spring won't fit up the staircase (it's an old house!), but a queen mattress will squeeze. The photos in this posting show the room with a double size mattress.
About the House:
- Older attached 2-story house with lots charm and updates where they count, including air conditioning!
- Main floor has the kitchen, dining room, living room (no TV), small second bathroom
- Kitchen has gas stove, front-load laundry, dishwasher and microwave
- Front porch has covered bike rack and cute, small garden
- Back yard has beautiful garden and deck that is especially luscious in the warm seasons
- 2nd floor has the 3 bedrooms and main bathroom with clawfoot bathtub - it's very cute, but also very little storage
We’re most social downstairs. You can expect conversations, music, an exercise class or roomie yoga, and at least one work-from-home set-up at the dining table. Upstairs is the individual chill-out zone.
This is a non-smoking house.
Rent includes all utilities, except for internet, which is an additional $18/mo.
What We’re Looking For in a Roommate:
- Sociable and communally-minded — you want to build a relationship with the people you live with and recognize the importance of sharing some time together on occasion (a dinner, a hike, a film, gardening, etc.)
- Self-aware and direct communicator — you can initiate conversations to express and negotiate your needs and are eager to find shared solutions with your roommates. Recognizing that coronavirus has been and continues to be a challenging time, we’re looking to share space with someone that knows how to care for their mood and mental health.
- Pro-active cleaner — you’re into a weekly cleaning schedule, keeping shared spaces tidy and airy
- You have a minimal amount of stuff — The whole house is furnished and unfortunately doesn’t have a ton of storage space, so we can’t accommodate a lot of belongings.
- Environmentally-minded about house-related things — ex. composting, sustainable cleaning products, etc.
- Queer and poly friendly
- We are ideally looking for a shorter term sublet, but there is some flexibility. If you are looking for something permanent, we are happy to discuss. Lauren is moving out at the end of June for grad school, so there is some household change on the horizon.
- Someone on a day-time schedule would be a better fit as we’re both on day-time schedules.
Hi! We’re Erin and Lauren. We’re in our early 30’s. Erin works in the environmental non-profit sector and Lauren is taking family therapy courses and applying to grad school. We’re clean, environmentally-conscious, creative types. We’re social and like to spend time together. We also respect our varying needs for alone time and rejuvenation. In pre-covid times, we liked to invite friends over to the house for dinners or garden hangs. We regularly share jokes and silliness, and talk about things that interest us. Sometimes we share meals or do activities together. We’re into regularly communicating with each other to negotiate varying needs. We’ve held house meetings in the past and are open to more structured/scheduled communication time to ensure that everyone is feeling good together in the home space. We love this space and hope to find someone that loves it too.
We’re responsible and communicative around reducing risk. We’ve been negotiating things together as the covid situation changes. The agreements we've landed on aren’t super rigid, but there are some limitations around individual social circles and bringing guests into the home. We have current agreement about:
- number of guests that come into the home
- how we communicate about potential exposures and risks
- how to stay safe based on the kind of work we’re doing
If you’re interested, please get in touch and let us know a bit about yourself. We are excited to get a sense of who you are and how you like to live with others. If it seems like we are a good fit, we’ll set up a zoom so we can get to know each other better and give you a virtual tour of the house. If we all feeling good about things, we can set up an in-person meeting.
If this ad is still up, then the room is still available!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers