flooring: wood apartment laundry in bldg off-street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
Hello! My roommate just left the master bedroom and I am looking for a good fit to replace him.
The unit is quite big, the room is equally large, and I am fully aware the price is below market value (for the location & size). I am looking for a great fit more than a person to store in the extra room... Read below to see what it means and tell me a little about you when you apply (who are you, what do you do for a living, what are your daily habits, your pet peeves and your passions) - thanks!
Disclaimer: the room looks drab on the picture but it received a fresh coat of paint since it was taken.
it's already entirely furnished but the bedroom is empty - it's ideal for someone who needs a new start with enough space. Also: walk-in closet. The former roommate left the curtains to the next one, they're thick. The apartment has a large balcony with a 2-people table, a hammock and a lounge chair. If you like gardening, I also have a few things for you. The AC is built in. Should you need a parking spot or on-site storage locker, we can ask for one (but they're not free).
I recently purchased a mini-gym worth of equipment, that lays in the living room: workout bench, dumbbells, bike, bands.
Laundry room is on the first floor, and there is an underground bike parking lot.
1100/month + utilities (about 50/month, with hydro and internet)
Walking distance from Metro, Shoppers, 2 LCBOs, the beer store, Loblaws and the College or Wellesley metro stations. And about 10 min walk from Eaton Center / Dundas Square
Tons of fast food (and better options) right around the corner (Japanese, sea food, Thai, Indian, Mexican, Italian, ramen - yeah I know it's Japanese too but we have quite a few ones and they're amazing).
Great tiny movie theater nearby (they let you bring your own food!)
- You're LGBTQ+: Crawling distance from all the village bars and pubs.
- You're a gym queen: several small gyms in the neighborhood, from big names to small ones.
- You're a nerd? We're just next door to 401 games and Storm Crow Manor
PLEASE BE A GREAT MATCH (inventory based on very unfortunate past experiences)
- preferably an LGBT+ guy with an open mind. you can be of any background, I don't care. Ideally, you're between 25 and 45. You could also be straight, I won't judge :)
- you like dogs (I have my husky at home about 1 week/month, she's very nice and full of love/energy).
- you're clean. You like clean shared spaces, you follow hygiene and cleaning basic rules and you don't leave a mess behind you every time you leave a room, or in the sink. You also won't scream in horror if I show you the vacuum cleaner or a sponge.
- you're not a racist or a LGBTQ+phobe
- you're not a smoker (smoking is prohibited by the building management) and you're not a drug user AND you won't bring friends who do drugs in the apartment. I don't like to find cocaine on the sink, really ;)
- you're drama-free & you don't bring the party home (except rare occasions and upon consultation)
- ask me but I'm open to having a family member visit once in a while, and I can lend a comfy inflatable bed or let them on the convertible couch.
- you take the pandemic quite seriously and won't be out every other night with friends, you clean your hands and you wear a mask when you leave the apartment.
Ideally, you're a PC gamer or you enjoy spending time in your room or watching people play videogames (we'll share the TV in the living room but I'm a bit of a couch potato, I use my PS4 and Nintendo Switch A LOT...). FYI, the bedroom has the necessary connections for a TV, and I have a second one to spare, should you want one in your room.
- I'm a 35 yo French professional. I go by Jeff.
- I speak only English at home (including if my roommate does understand French)
- I like to converse about a variety of topics, from video games and reality TV competitions to politics and from music and arts to philosophy.
- I keep the smallest room because I don't need a big one (really, I don't)
- I play a lot of video games and binge watch series when I have free time, I don't do much of anything else except cleaning
- I'm humorous (or I hope I am, you decide)
I shared apartments with 11 people overall and I had very few good roommates in the past 15 years. All the best ones were level-headed people who were open-minded, cordial and respectful. I'd like to find another one just like that because I've also had too many bad experiences.
RENT COULD BE LOWER
Should you prefer to pay less, we can switch rooms and lower the rent to 1000 CAD. I'd also put the mini-gym inside my room and free space in the living room. I can also lend you a TV and a desk. You'd only need a bed, my current room is just big enough for a bed, desk shelves and a side table.
Once we have met, I will ask for an employment letter, a bank document stating you are able to pay the rent, and a reference. If you're selected: first and last month.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers