CISCO Unified Communications Engineer (UCCE) -- Full Time
Reports To: Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations
Location: Move to Victoria, British Columbia
MAXIMUS is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the Globe, MAXIMUS is a world-leader in providing innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
In Canada, MAXIMUS is responsible for the administration of two of the Province of British
Columbia's most important healthcare programs: Medical Services Plan and Fair PharmaCare. We also administer the Ontario Drug Benefit Program on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care. In Charlottetown, PEI we develop and support our flagship medical and drugs claims-management software -- Medigent. In British Columbia., through our Themis division, we also operate the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program that is responsible for tracking and collecting child and spousal support.
We are constantly looking at new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. Because of this, and given our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best in West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your down time can be spent exploring the natural beauty of the West Coast -- from culinary experiences to cultural events, and to outdoor challenges. We have it all! Located in beautiful Victoria, BC, in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS offers competitive market-based salaries, incentive pay opportunity, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as a heavily subsidized fitness-membership program, an annual gala year-end celebration event along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
MAXIMUS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
As a member of the Telecom Support team, you will have responsibility for configuring and supporting the Cisco Contact Center Enterprise infrastructure driving the company's IP Contact center growth.
This position will be in Victoria, British Columbia for a CISCO Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications Engineer. This position will support the MAXIMUS call center operations for the Victoria support team.
The successful candidate will be well versed in Cisco Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications technologies, and who also has a working knowledge of CISCO Voice and Network components coupled with system administration. He/she will be a methodical problem solver and will analyze and resolve business challenges within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies.
MAXIMUS supports a complex network system with multiple data centers spread across Canada and works with government network support teams as well as our hosting and network providers to support the networking requirements.
Some evening and shift work and standby support will be required.
• Provide configuration, support and troubleshoot of Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) components: ICM, CVP, VXML, CUSP, CTI, CUIC, Finesse. ICM and Call Studio scripting.
• Provide configuration, support and troubleshoot of all Unified Communications infrastructure: CUCM, CUC, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, CUBE/ Voice gateways, voice circuits (SIP trunks and/or TDM).
• Assess, design, and document technical requirements supporting business/RFP needs for Contact Center Enterprise and Unified Communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of experience in Information Technology, Networking (VOIP and Call Center).
• Cisco Collaboration certifications preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Must Have Experience
• 4 to 6 years on CISCO Contact Center Enterprise Administration and Troubleshooting (UCCE or PUCCE): ICM, CVP, VXML, CUSP, CTI, CUIC, Finesse.
• 4 to 6 years on Unified Communications Administration and Troubleshooting: CUCM, CUC, IM&P, Cisco Jabber, CUBE/ Voice gateways, voice circuits (SIP trunks and/or TDM); Good knowledge of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), G.711 and G.729 codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), H323, QoS
• Ability to work independently and with a strong sense of system ownership.
• Collaboration skills and attention to detail.
Nice to Have Skills
• Telstrat call recording
• Solar Winds Network Performance Monitor/Configuration Manager
• Virtual System/Storage Administration
• Microsoft Windows Administration
• Microsoft SQL server administration
• Linux Administration
• CISCO UCS Server support
• ACME Packet session border controllers.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot LANs and WANs preferred
How to Apply:
Please call or apply in confidence Quoting: CISCO Unified Communications Engineer (UCCE) -- Full Time by applying online to: