favorite this postPostdoc seeking roommate(s) or room for August 1st (West End)hide this posting
cats are OK - purrr
QR Code Link to This Post
• Price range: $700 - $1,200 - including utilities/internet, would prefer room not be furnished.
• Location: East of Roncevalles, south of Dupont, and west of Bathurst. Open to other surrounding areas. Would prefer a neighborhood feel with bars, coffee shops or parks.
• Type of space: Single room in house/apartment or for roommate(s) who are interested in renting a house/apartment.
• Lease terms: 1 year lease starting August 1st
• Other: I have two wonderful and friendly (short haired) cats, see photo. Would enjoy a space with open windows, preferably not a basement, and easy access to outdoor and/or patio/stoop space. Laundry within building would be ideal.
I’m 34 years old from California and have been living in Chicago for the last 7 years completing a doctorate. I will be taking an academic position starting in September and hope to make a smooth transition a month before in August. I would ideally like to sign on for a year long lease, or atleast stay through the school year.
I understand what it is like to live in a city with different types of people (from friends to strangers) with different schedules and can contribute to a clean and respectful common living space. It is important for me to have open communication and to create a calm and safe environment, devoid of passive aggressive behavior and negative energy, where one can retreat from the excitement of the city.
I do have two wonderful and friendly (short haired) cats. I would really be like to bring them with me and not have to give them away when I move here. I realize I may just have to give them up in order to move here. I am mindful and responsible about sweeping/cleaning after the cats and myself. They mainly enjoy laying around the house and cuddling a bunch, and do not damage furniture or create too much chaos. I enjoy hanging/working at coffee shops, riding my bike around the city, chess, crosswords, reading, writing and going for some beers/music or porch/stoop hangs.
I am in town for this weekend and through most of the week, and will be free to see if I will be a good fit. Let me know what you think.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers