compensation: Per experience, medical plan, schedule flexibility employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sustainable transportation never felt so good.
EatSleepRIDE (ESR) is seeking an experienced iOS Developer to join our team and help create the future connected motorcycle experience.
ESR is a mobile platform for motorcycle riders designed to help motorcycle enthusiasts ride safer and more often. We employ telematics and gamification with the goal of accelerating motorcycle safety using mapping and AI practices. Our CRASHLIGHT technology automatically detects a motorcycle crash and gets help to the rider, fast.
At ESR, you’ll be responsible for developing code and helping team members deliver high-quality iOS features and products. You’ll help develop and define the technical direction and support our safety and machine learning initiatives.
You’ll work directly with a collaborative, open and passionate team in a startup environment. While this position is iOS focused, we believe our ideal candidate should be comfortable across a range of technologies and platforms, and one who is prepared to share their experience and collaborate with our team to deliver the best tools for motorcycle riders.
Here’s what you will do:
- Develop and implement new features. You’ll apply your skills in Swift to continuously improve the platform and be able to consume our APIs.
- Migrate legacy code. You’ll help plan and migrate classes to make the platform as great as it can be.
- Fix bugs. You’ll help us respond to user needs by fixing bugs and you won’t rest until you do.
- Turn Designs into code. You’ll have sharp attention to detail and care about implementing the best UI to meet our rider’s needs.
- Ensure feature parity with the Android team. You’ll help work in more than one client and be able to share your ideas and solutions across platform teams.
- Be part of an awesome group. At ESR you will be part of a fast-paced team. We are constantly striving to learn new things and develop ourselves.
You will have the opportunity to learn many new skills and improve existing ones. You must be a team player and be open to receive and provide feedback to improve the overall performance of the team.
Here’s the experience we’d like you to have:
- Proven ability to implement iOS. You’re in love with Swift and develop tight, reusable code with consistent quality, but (ideally) you’re also not afraid of a little ObjC
- You have experience working on production-level code with strong unit testing skills
- You have an aspiration for technical leadership and the capability to plan a project, conduct code reviews with peers and assist in QA
- You have skills in implementing RESTful API for server communication
- You have 2+ years of experience or equivalent related to iOS development
- You have a Bachelor degree is required in Computer Science or a related technical field
- (Bonus) Advanced degree
- (Bonus) You like motorcycles
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- You have a strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart, but also hard
- You have a growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do
- You’re a good team member. We care and watch out for each other and we go after big goals together
You’re a mentor
- You’re not content to be the best. You want to share your secrets and experience with others, and guide them to be the best, too.
- You’re flexible. Since we’re an early stage startup, you should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from dirty work, to high-level work.
- You like to have fun. We like to have fun, travel on two-wheels, eat spicy food and play video games and hope you like some of these things too.
We welcome female and male applicants. This is a full-time position based in Toronto, Ontario in the Queen Street West and Bathurst corridor.