compensation: Open Salary + Bonus, Government Pension, 4 Weeks Vacation, Full Medical/Dental, Gym Pass, Training/Education employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Title: Angular Developer
Reports to: Direct of Software Developer, MAXIMUS Canada
Worker Category: Regular, Full Time
Location: 716 Yates St., Victoria, BC, CA
MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
The position supports the web applications focusing on the front-end and citizen-facing components. This involves creating new web applications and adapting the existing ones to new demands to expand the functionality while also providing application support and maintenance. The developer must acquire and maintain technical system knowledge of the existing front-end application functions while keeping abreast of corporate direction in expanding new technology solutions. Knowledge of the RedHat’s OpenShift environment or Container-based environments such as Docker and Kubernetes is a plus. The position is not limited to front-end applications technologies and may expand into full stack development. The position is required to be involved in multiple concurrent projects at the same time. The position requires good organization and technical skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Good communication skills are essential.
• Collaborates with designers, architects, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
• Design and develop custom code application features and functions to technical and functional programming standards
• Creates required documentation, design documents and participates in peer reviews
• Assist and troubleshoot current application issues
• Assist in developing testing scenarios and test plans
• Monitor the application and recommend upgrades and efficiency alternatives to the application
Education and Experience
• Relevant degree from a recognized university or certificate from a recognized college required
• Structured training in relevant programming languages and methodologies required
• Solid understanding of HTML, CSS
• Strong understanding of modern web design development principles, such as responsive design, progressive enhancements,
• Experience with Linux operating system and container-based environments such as OpenShift and Docker
• Experience with the application landscape that supports the British Columbia Ministry of Health is desirable, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver applications that address business requirements
• Application maintenance, production systems support, designing and developing solutions using application development tools
• Work independently on small application releases or as part of a project team on larger application releases
• Possess good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, team based system support and deliverables-oriented work environment
• Experience supporting mission critical applications
• Problem solver with the ability to methodically analyze and resolve programming challenges
• Must be comfortable seeking peer and supervisory guidance on complex application challenges must have a desire to learn applications being supported
• Detail-oriented, fast-learner and self-motivated
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement