MAXIMUS Canada is an industry leader in the provisioning of products and services to support the delivery of government services in North America and internationally. With operations across Canada and around the globe, MAXIMUS provides innovative, practical and meaningful solutions to help government programs and services function more effectively and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing new technology, processes and methods of delivering services to the citizens of Canada. With our expertise in program information management, claims processing, contact centre services, document processing and information technology, we are positioned for significant growth.
MAXIMUS Canada offers competitive market-based salaries, comprehensive employer-paid benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan or a Group RSP with employer-matching contributions, for eligible employees. Our people also get some great perks too, such as employee appreciation events throughout the year, along with a supportive results-oriented work environment.
Join us here in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to experience the best of the West Coast lifestyle. You will work in an environment that will challenge you and reward your achievements. Your downtime can be spent exploring all the West Coast has to offer – scenic beauty, culinary experiences, cultural events and outdoor activities. We have it all! Located in the heart of downtown, our location offers easy access to every amenity.
MAXIMUS Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At MAXIMUS Canada, we believe that our culture strengthens our commitment to Helping Government Serve the People. We foster a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. At MAXIMUS Canada we believe in the following four core values:
Our customers' business needs inform everything we do. We start by developing relationships built on trust and respect. We listen, and incorporate their diverse experience into our services and solutions, and we show our understanding with clear communication.
With decades of experience delivering government programs, we balance tried and tested processes with a desire for continuous improvement. We take the time to plan and benchmark our performance – it's the path to success.
Results and Delivery
Great results depend on setting high, measurable standards of excellence and achieving the numbers. We challenge each other and hold one another accountable to our commitments.
A Great Place to Work
MAXIMUS Canada promotes a challenging work environment, empowering our employees to get the job done. If you want to work in an environment that recognizes and rewards accomplishments while caring about each other and the communities we serve, this could be the place for you.
Work closely with technical architects, software developers, test specialists and other technical teams providing support for new and existing software, establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, facilitating workshops to bring projects' teams up to speed with DevOps processes.
The position is required to be involved in multiple concurrent projects at the same time. The position requires good organization and technical skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Good communication skills are essential.
• Collaborate with Architects, Developers and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
• Develop and maintain release workflow automation.
• Streamline software development lifecycle with a focus on continuous integration and delivery
• Create and maintain new processes and documentation
• Execute CI/CD initiatives for the Cloud based platform
• Assist and troubleshoot current issues
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• 5+ years of experience in various stages of Software Development lifecycle
• Understanding the principals of Agile methodology, DevOps approach to software development
• Ability to perform root cause analysis
• Experience in Java development
• Build tools (maven, npm, gradle)
• Solid working experience with DevOps toolkit that includes but not limited to Git, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, SonarCube, JFrog Artifactory, Ansible Tower.
• Working knowledge of Linux platform Practical experience in CI/CD pipeline implementation for projects.
• Experience in implementing of orchestration and configuration management (Ansible is preferred)
• Experience working with Docker containers
• Container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift) In-depth understanding of security models. This includes authentication, authorization, audit, data encryption
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Application maintenance, production systems support, designing and developing solutions using application development tools
• Develop logical and physical design specifications, architecture diagrams, executable code, and unit/ integration test plans as well as maintenance and production support activities
• Possess good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, team based system support and deliverables-oriented work environment
• Track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
• Problem solver with the ability to methodically analyze and resolve programming challenges
• Must be comfortable seeking peer and supervisory guidance on complex application challenges must have a desire to learn applications being supported
Results and Delivery
• Defines appropriate goals
• Works toward achieving goals
• Articulates vision and steps for achievement
• Maintains current understanding of technical processes and equipment
• Uses technology to increase performance and productivity
• Understands the balance between our capabilities, the customer’s expectations, and the parameters in which we operate
• Uses open, honest communication to develop relationships built on trust and mutual respect
• Seeks to incorporate the experience of our diverse customers
• Builds relationships through personal credibility, as opposed to formal authority
• Takes the time to properly plan
• Data-driven and detail-focused
• Seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement