furnished apartment laundry on site no smoking street parking private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
I am subletting my studio loft in downtown Toronto. If you have any questions based on the info below, please LMK. If you want to apply sublet please drop me an email and share some details about yourself and/or a LinkedIn profile.
- RENT: The rent will be $1,525 per month. I require first and last month's rent upon signing of the sublet agreement.
- DURATION: I'm willing to sublet it for as little as 3-6 months at a time, but it's available for up to 6-18 months from Jun 1 or Jul 1 onward. I can provide some flexibility to leave earlier than planned at the end of a given month, as I've always had lots of demand when subletting so will be able to do so if you need to leave a month or more earlier.
- FURNITURE: I can provide it furnished or unfurnished, and right now I've put some of my furniture in and can put in some more --
e.g., desk, cupboards, more dishes, full bed, futon, tv, etc.
- UTILITIES: All utilities and the Internet are included. I have a plug-in fan, heater and air conditioner which can be used.
- PARKING: There is daytime street parking available, and monthly overnight street passes are available via the city for about $40. There is a parking spot in the rear that could potentially be available, but right now it's not.
- LAUNDRY: There is a shared washer dryer in the basement. Although note that the basement is also very old.
- LOFT: This is an authentic hard loft with some exposed brick (as opposed to a "soft loft", which is newly built). The building was built in 1880, and was originally a carpenter's shop for a few decades, before becoming a large grocery store, in the early 1900's, and then eventually being converted to residential use. So although I've recently painted the unit and have some newer furniture, the building and unit itself are older (e.g., older appliances and finishes). Also note the hallways space is also quite rugged. I've tried to give the place a decent cleaning already, but it may need some tidying up. I've tried to include several photos to give a feel for the space.
- LOCATION: It's located in Corktown and next to the Distillery district, and the closest major intersection is King St. E & Parliament. It's well located, but the neighbourhood is still improving. So while it's close to the Distillery District with lots of shops nearby, the neighbourhood is still a bit edge with lots of juxtapositions of fancy and rugged (e.g, it next to a church, auto body shop, meth clinic, restaurants, and fancy furniture stores). So if you're comfortable with a neighbourhood with a bit of edge, and that sort of mix then it would be a good fit.
Also note that I'm doing some cosmetic work in other areas of the building (painting, etc), so occasionally on some days between roughly 9am to 7pm there may be some noise in adjacent spaces/areas of the building.
Sorry no pets or smokers. I also don't want anyone who's going to be partying or not take care of the place (I own it).
I'm going to try arrange for virtual viewings midweek and on the weekend.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers