“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
The Auto Mechanic is responsible for the fleet maintenance.
• Repairing all UPS diesel, propane and gasoline vehicles
• Operating vehicles with standard (manual) transmission
• Ensuring all vehicles are maintained regularly and in a timely manner
• Wearing a UPS Auto Mechanic uniform and adhering to the UPS Appearance Guideline (Men must report to work clean shaven on a daily basis. Neat, trimmed mustache is allowed)
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted
• Ability to drive standard (manual) transmission
• Availability to work nights, Monday to Friday
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work in a warehouse environment and occasionally outdoors
• Possession of essential trade tools and equipment
• Possession of a clean driver’s abstract (obtained no earlier than 30 days prior to submitting an application) showing no accident records for the last 3 years as well as no traffic violation records for the last 12 months. Maximum acceptable number of violations that does not fall within the above mentioned period is 2.
• Valid 310T and/or 310S certificate/s (license/s)
• Must pass the pre-employment medical test
• Must pass the pre-employment road test
• $28.60 per hour
• Paid weekly every Friday
• Guaranteed pay progression as per Union Collective Agreement (Will be discussed during the interview)
• Two weeks of paid vacation after one year, three weeks after five years, four weeks after ten years, five weeks after twenty years, and six weeks after twenty five years of employment.
• Pension plan
• Education assistance
• Immediate access to UPS "Employee Discounts"
• EFAP (Employee Family Assistance Program)
• The successful candidate will already be licensed with either 310T or 310S licenses. No apprenticeship available.
• Shift will be either in the evenings or at nights, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from 20:00PM (8PM) to 5:30AM.
2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if a workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers