Company Name: Aeon Genesis Gaming Network
Division: Hosted Minecraft Server
Location: Toronto, ON
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: Flexible, at one’s availability
Who we are:
Aeon Genesis Gaming Network is a not-for-profit social gaming network based in Canada that hosts unique servers across multiplayer computer games. We provide fun and enjoyable game-play experiences for all ages by fostering a family-friendly safe and inclusive community. We do so through our commitment to the implementation of professionally improved methodology, progressive agendas and values and combating the seemingly losing battle of internet toxicity. We strive to create and sustain a supportive, inclusive, and understanding society of enthusiastic, fascinating, and wonderful gamers.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Game Team Leads are assigned to a gaming server of the network, whenever it is managing an existing or developing a new product for the network - they ensure the smooth operation and progress of a gaming server drawing matrix project teams across departments that may include: Digital Marketers, Moderators, In-game World Builders and other creatives. Projects are often cross-organizational and cross-functional that vary in scope, schedule and success criteria. Game Team Leads’ responsibilities may include the execution of project activities, administrative duties such as creating Gantt charts, work breakdown structures, concept graphs for company procedures, and promoting a vibrant, enthusiastic and enjoyable work atmosphere for their creative team Game Team Leads must able to look though both conventional and creative insights when appropriate and understand the importance and significance of educated methodologies and procedures and promote them to team members’ respective areas, as such, they are responsible for carrying out the values and ideals of Aeon Genesis and must always have the company’s best interest and ensure volunteers in their team do so as well. Game Team Leads report project or server status and updates to the Network’s Director and other executives.
The Game Team Lead for the Minecraft Server would require the game, Minecraft, a working computer and internet. It is highly recommended to have a Discord.org account as well, as it is what we primarily use to communicate with the team.
As with many positions at Aeon Genesis Gaming Network, we understand many are occupied with other commitments, - we encourage having an active and priority commitment whenever and as much as possible in a way that suits your work day schedule. And remember that our online medium provides flexibility for work locations of your choice.
Although this company is currently in a startup phase, one of the goals of the project is monetization of this gaming service and an income afforded to this position. It is also a chance to create something from scratch and be part of a startup community of committed collaborators dedicated to establishing a new norm of objectively progressive ideologies.
Required Experience and Skills:
• profound knowledge and/or experience in Project Management
• basic knowledge and/or experience in Product Development (Project Management, Resource management, Portfolio Management and Product Strategy)
• Keen Interest, knowledge, and/or experience in Game Design
• Fundamental knowledge in Business or Business Management
• Passion and/or Experience with creative arts, literature, writing
• Exceptional organizational, communication, and leadership skills
• Excellent progressive judgement and reasoning
• Exceptional level of patience and perseverance
• Exceptional Work Ethic and Commitment
• High Level of Emotional Intelligence and conscientiousness
• Compassionate and empathetic personality qualities with a team-based collectivist mentality
• High Level of Understanding of problem solving complex concepts
• Quality Self-driven improvement, openness, open-mindedness and willing to learn
• Strong Proclivity to Creativity
Suggested Experience and Skills:
• Experience with Community or Community-related service, management or coordination
• Experience and/or education in social work or a field of psychology or cyberpsychology
• Awareness of trends in the Gaming Industry
Interested, and think you’d be a good fit, or have any further questions, contact us!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers