Sarajevo Grill & Meat is currently seeking an experienced Baker of Balkan-style cuisine.
Specialize in preparing and cooking Balkan-style cuisine or dishes.
Sarajevo Grill & Meat is a family-run business located in Toronto. At Sarajevo Grill & Meat, we are proud to share the traditional and authentic recipes of Bosnia & Herzegovina with the city of Toronto. We offer a wide selection of delicious Balkan dishes and serve our HOT TABLE daily-cooked, ethnic homemade hot meals.
For more information on Sarajevo Grill & Meat, please visit: www.sarajevomeat.com
• Food preparation (chopping, slicing, mixing)
• Preparing and baking food from scratch
• Ensuring product quality and freshness
• Ensuring sufficient and fresh supply of baked goods
• Restocking pantry shelves
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Packaging, packing, wrapping and dating of baked products. Pack up the orders for take-out orders.
• Operating mixing machines and equipment
• Oversee kitchen operations
• Following proper equipment operation, safety and sanitation
• Complying with food hygiene procedures
• Maintain general cleanliness of the work area
• Cleaning, washing and sanitizing equipment and all work areas
• Supervising other employees, providing training and orientation on the job
• Daily clean up at the end of the shift.
• Other duties as required
Job Skills and Requirements:
• Some English, in addition to Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian or Albanian
• Specialize in preparing and cooking Bosnian cuisine or dishes.
• Minimum 3 years experience in cooking, baking in a similar food retail environment
• Prior experience preparing baked goods for a large number of customers
• Previous machine operating experience
• Previous supervisory experience
• Punctual and reliable
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn and acquire knowledge of baking process and products
• Ability to lift heavy items on a regular basis
• Superior organizational, interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple demands and strong customer service focus
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• A team player and ability to supervise other team members
Location: Etobicoke. The East Mall and Dundas St. W (across from Cloverdale Mall)
Pay rate: $16/hr
Hours: 44-45 hrs/wk
Employment Type: Full-time
Start as soon as possible.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers