QR Code Link to This Post
- This is a limited edition print by Robert Bateman. The subjects, "geese and swans are famous in the animal kingdom for their faithfulness as partners - they usually mate for life. With Canada geese, both parents are involved in rearing the young. The parents stay together season after season. It has been said that if one of the pair dies, the other will not mate again." (Robert Bateman)
- It was hand signed in the bottom right hand corner by the artist and is numbered 639/950
- The artwork is 23"x16" and was professionally mounted and framed (total measurement: 27"x21")
- Born in Toronto, Robert Bateman has been a keen artist and naturalist from his early days. He has always painted wildlife and nature; in his early thirties he moved back to realism which is this style that has made him one of the foremost artists depicting the world of nature.
- Bateman's work is in many public and private collections and several art museums. He has won numerous awards and has had many one-man museum shows throughout North America, including an exhibition at the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C.